Howard University Hospital (HUH) is a private, non- profit institution recognized for its ground breaking research and teaching programs. HUH has a rich tradition of leadership and service dating back to 1862. Over the course of its more than 150 year history of providing the finest primary, secondary, and tertiary health care services, HUH has become one of the most comprehensive health care facilities in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and designated a DC Level 1 Trauma Center.
Competitive pay, 403-B Savings (Howard contributes a sum equal to 6% of your pay from your date of hire. Howard matches up to 2% of what you invest. Both Howard’s contributions and the contributions that you make to the plan are yours, and you are immediately vested 100%. Comprehensive medical and dental plans Prescription Drug Benefits. Discount on optical wear at the HUH Optical Shop, Pet Insurance, Wellness Rewards Program, Tuition remission for employees and dependents, Low-cost onsite parking, SmartTrip Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits, and more!
Provides direct technical and clinical support in the therapeutic delivery of medical gases administration, pulmonary airway management, ventilator care, diagnostic services and critical care support.
Interacts internally with a variety of patients, healthcare professionals, management, non-management, physicians, regulatory agencies, Hospital and University officials and the general public. Interacts externally with healthcare professionals, physicians, patients and the general public.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- Associates Degree and credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist from an AMA approved respiratory Therapy certification program.
- Passage of the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Examination.
- Must meet the District of Columbia licensure requirements.
- Two (2) years of experience as a clinical practitioner in the field of Respiratory Therapy.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Respiratory Therapist: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist