Howard University Hospital is seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our Employee Health Center. The Nurse Practitioner works as the leader and change agent in improving nursing practice, quality of care and cost effectiveness. By demonstrating experience in a specific area of clinical nursing, the NP demonstrates performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions. The NP will work directly with staff and management to accomplish patient care and organizational goals and is based on the needs of the clients and health care system.
- Master’s degree in Nursing. Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program recognized by the ANA.
- Certified by the American Nurse Credential Center as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current DC License
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association
- Knowledge of current nursing trends, concepts, terminology, principals, theories and practices
- Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practices.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications.
- Demonstrate leadership and management principles and practices as they relate to problem solving, planning, organizing, guiding, delegating and implementing change.
- Competence in nursing practice in assigned clinical area.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Effective oral and written communication
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Tuition remission for you and your eligible dependents (after 1 year and 2 years of service, respectively
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% Coverage for care at HUH