The HR Recruitment Coordinator will handle various HR administrative duties. They will assist the HR team with recruitment by finding and attracting potential candidates, scheduling interviews, preparing offer letters and onboarding new hires including residents and nurse externs.
This position will not have any direct reports.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Interacts with all departments within the Hospital. Interacts with outside contacts including employment agencies, executive search firms and potential candidates
• May consult with managers to discuss staff requirements and specific job objectives for new position.
• Reviews applications and resumes for the selection of qualified applicants that match the minimum requirements.
• Refers all qualified applicants to hiring manager.
• Works directly with supervisors/department heads regarding placements. Ensures job specifications and desired qualifications are clear as well as advising supervisors/department heads on interviewing and candidate selections.
• Performs thorough background, reference and education checks for prospective candidates.
• Works with Compensation Team on salary offers.
• Schedules phone and/or in-person interviews
• Extends and negotiates offers of employment with the approval of the Director, Human Resources to all identified final candidates.
• Prepare new hire paperwork ensuring legislation requirements are met
• Provides clerical assistance with front desk coverage in the absent of Receptionist and/or Human Resources Assistant. Provides assistance to clients in absent of other staff.
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
• Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
• Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
• Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
• Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities.
• Adheres to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
• Must demonstrate collaboration; accountability; respect; excellence; and service.
• Works with team members and peers in and outside of their immediate work group to create an exceptional experience for patients, students and other visitors; looks for ways to achieve departmental/institutional results by partnering.
• Accepts responsibility for his/her actions to provide health care and or ancillary functions in a highly efficient and compassionate manner. The employee must function as a Steward (Have Ownership) of the Howard values that foster a commitment to improving the patient and student experience, organizational efficiency and the environment.
• Embraces diversity; cares holistically for those we serve; treats all as we would like to be treated; manages the patient’s right to privacy with meticulous care 100% of the time and keeps patient and proprietary information about the institution confidential.
• Anticipates the patient’s and student’s needs, presents as a model representative of the institution and maintains high standards of care while striving to improve performance and create exceptional experiences for our customers.
• Behaves in a friendly, resourceful and professional manner towards all they encounter; treats patients, students and visitors in the same way that they would want their family members or themselves to be treated.
• Proficiency in the operation of computers, related software applications (word-processing, spreadsheet, database, graphic presentations) and standard office equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply a variety of rules, policies and procedures with attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines and multitask.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing with a diverse population
• Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high level of confidentiality
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
• Competence in both oral and written English.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
• Associates degree plus 2 years experience in HR required or
• 4+ years of experience in Human Resources or related field.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (up to 50lbs), bend, write, type, file, speak, hear, see, calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret and organize for extended periods of time.