Howard University Hospital accountants are an intelligent bunch that handles the core accounting responsibilities at the hospital. As a member of this team, you know General Accepted Accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our accounting department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
What do you need?
- Manage and propose monthly reversing and non-reversing accruals.
- Understand and guide staff on proper accrual in conjunction with automated system accruals.
- Supervises AP functions
- Manages the hospitals monthly accruals
- Ensures that costs are properly recorded and posted to the correct general ledger account.
- Controls all disbursements of the Hospital to optimize cash flow.
- Reviews and verifies all accounts payable daily reports to ensure Hospital and vendor compliance.
- Manages all 300-400 internal and external vendor inquiries in settlement of payment disputes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, accountants, and payroll manager.
Who reports to you?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Experience working in Accounts Payable at union organization highly desired.
- 4 – 8 years of accounts payable experience and computerized systems
- 4+ years of supervisory experience
Accounts Payable Associate I, II, and III.