Plans, implements and directs activities that support Howard University Hospital’s quality and safety activities to ensure overall performance excellence in the maintenance of accreditation and licensure. Serves as the internal consultant and resource in continuous improvement, the on-site survey coordinator, and as a liaison between the organization and its accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement methodologies, evaluation techniques, facilitation, and data management skills.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and principles of research.
- Ability to train others effectively.
- Ability to work in a consultative and advisory capacity to managers and senior management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and personal computers.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and show respect for privacy.
- Ability to handle issues of confidentiality.
- Creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, or a related field, and five or more years of relevant experience. A master’s degree and leadership experience is strongly preferred.
Current District of Columbia license to practice as a Registered Nurse or is eligible for endorsement, if a nurse.
Job Type: Full-time