This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of the assigned systems and applications supported by the HRIS team. The incumbent in this role will act as a technical resource to assigned functional areas and subject matter experts to ensure data integrity; they will troubleshoot and resolve system issues in partnership with IT, as well as define requirements for new modules or enhancements. They will test and implement solutions, and support and/or manage mass update processes.
This position will not have any direct reports.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Interacts with immediate staff, Hospital faculty & staff, department heads, Hospital & University officials, vendors, and the general public.
- Serves as HRIS functional team expert providing expertise in the HR and Payroll system components.
- Consults with clients to understand business case for changes, process improvements, interfaces (internal and external), or enhancements; evaluates their needs; documents scope and objectives of proposed projects, and works with clients and IT to test and implement approved changes.
- Investigates and analyzes system problems and develops and implements solutions in partnership with functional clients and IT; includes developing functional requirement specifications and test scripts; and testing and implementing system changes and enhancements.
- Maintains HR system configuration tables in the talent management system and other applications as assigned to facilitate accurate and timely entry and maintenance of employee data.
- Assists in identifying, researching, and resolving issues when employees are not paid or do not appear in the HRIS and timekeeping systems.
- Monitors error reports and works with budgets, benefits, payroll, and other departments to address any errors preventing employee information from being updated.
- Manages and/or supports the uploading of mass data changes within the various support systems (Lawson and/or Workday).
- Responsible for running ad hoc processes and for auditing and troubleshooting both scheduled and ad hoc processes, such as interfaces between the talent management system and other applications.
- Creates and maintains standard reports within HR and Payroll business support systems (Lawson and/or Workday) and responds to data requests for ad hoc and smart notification reports.
- Participates in system upgrades and patches by performing fit/gap analysis, table configuration changes, preparing test scripts, test execution and implementation.
- Trains and coaches super users/subject matter experts on the appropriate use of the assigned applications/modules. Maintains training documentation as needed.
- Develops and maintains HRIS-related procedures to ensure consistent use and maintenance of the systems.
- Makes recommendations on structure and system changes to improve processes and data integrity.
- Participate in small to medium-scale projects (teams of 2 or more) from conception to implementation: meeting timelines and milestones, testing, and implementing solutions.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics, the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
- The employee must demonstrate collaboration, accountability, respect, excellence, and service.
- The employee must work with team members and peers in and outside of their immediate work group to create an exceptional experience for patients, students and other visitors.
- The employee must accept responsibility for their actions to provide health care and/or ancillary functions in a highly efficient and compassionate manner. The employee must function as a Steward (Have Ownership) of the Howard University Hospital values that foster a commitment to improving the patient and student experience, organizational efficiency and the environment.
- The employee must embrace diversity and care holistically for those Howard University Hospital serves. They must treat all as they would like to be treated. They must manage the patient’s right to privacy and keep any proprietary information about the institution confidential.
- The employee must anticipates the needs of the patient and/or student. They must present themselves as a model representative of the institution and maintains high standards of care while striving to improve performance and create exceptional experiences for our patrons.
- The employee must behave in a friendly, resourceful and professional manner towards all individuals they encounter.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills.
- Ability to apply HR policies and principles as they pertain to data integrity and testing.
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and innovative skills.
- Demonstrated skill in prioritization, developing solutions, promoting collaboration and embracing technology.
- Ability to exercise judgment with confidential materials.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school or college required.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an HRIS role supporting HR and Payroll applications such as Lawson or Workday
- Experience working in an implementation(s) and/or upgrade(s) of HR/Payroll-related systems/applications (Lawson/Workday)
- Demonstrated experience in large scale-ERP systems, including implementation, maintenance, upgrading, testing, front and backend processing.
- Strong functional knowledge of HR and Payroll practices and procedures
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (up to 50lbs), bend, write, type, file, speak, hear, see, calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret and organize for extended periods of time.